Structure and Function of Organisms
Lab 4: Representative Invertebrates
1. Crayfish are in the phylum _____________.
2. Crayfish are in the class _______________.
3. In a few words describe the following anatomical terms: Anterior, Posterior, Dorsal, Ventral, Medial, Lateral, Proximal, Distal (each term would only be one quiz question.
4. The hard shell on the outside of the crayfish is called the _________.
5. The outside of the crayfish is made primarily of _____________.
6. The body of the crayfish is made of two major regions, the ____________ and the abdomen.
7. The crayfish does not have veins or capillaries. Blood flows into sinuses. This is called an _______________ circulatory system.
8. The gills are located under the ___________________.
9. The gills are feathery or finely dissected to ____________________________ _________________________________.
10. The main nerve cord runs on the ___________________ side of the animal.
11. The heart is on the _______________________ side of the animal.
12. The green glands excrete ___________________ ________________ through the __________________________.
13. The cerebral ganglion is the _________________ of the crayfish.
14. In the Paramecium digestion lab, methyl cellulose is added to ________________
15. The Paramecium eat yeast cells that are stained with __________ ___________.
16. The stain changes color in response to a change in ____________________.
17. The food passes through the Paramecium contained in ____________ which circulate in the cell.
18. Undigested food leaves the Paramecium through the __________ __________.
19. Food enters the Paramecium through the _____________ _____________.
20. Food and water are swept by cilia into the end of the _____________ _________
where food vacuoles form.